Let's talk about the different climates in Europe. Please be careful and pay attention, this time you have to produce something and the end of the lesson.
As you know Europe is in the northern hemisphere. And there is a variety of climates. Have a look to this picture and try to interpret it, identify the places of the different climates.
- Continental climate: in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Winters are cold and summers are hot.
- Vegetation: grasslands with tall grass, and with low grass called steppes.
- Mediterranean climates: around the Mediterranean Sea.
- Winters are mild and summers hot.
- Rainfall is ligah and in spring and autumn.
- Vegetation: it used to be evergreen.
- Mountain climate: in the high mountain ranges.
- Winters are very could and summers are mild.
- It snows a lot.
- Vegetation: forest.
- Polar or tundra climate. In North Iceland and the north-east coast of Scandinavia.
- It is cold all the year.
- The treeless landscape of this climate is tundra. It includes moss and lichens.
LET'S PLAY AND REVIEW YOUR KNOWLEGDE.
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN.
YOU WILL CREATE!!!
Have you ever heard about the program WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONARE?
With this app you will create a game to enjoy with all your partners. This is the process we will follow to achive the final product.
- Read all the information about the climates in this post or in page 41 of the CB.
- Write fifteen questions about the European Climates. (Pay attention to the grammar: How to make questions)
- Show your questions and your answers to your teacher for him to check.
- Create and generate the game in the website.
- Enjoy playing it with your partners.
- You will include it in the final post in your Kidblog at the end of this unit.
WE ARE PLAYING BUT WE ARE LEARNING AT THE SAME TIME.