We have been learning about Europe as one of the five continents. In this lesson we are going to talk about EUROPEAN UNION which is a confederation fo countries. It is said, a group of some countries of Europe united for a common purpose.
THIS VIDEO MAY CLARIFY YOUR IDEA ABOUT EUROPEAN UNION.
The EU's commo purpose is to promote political and economic union without frontiers.
The first members were France, Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Luxemborg. Today there are 27 countries and more than 490 millions of citizens.
- The euro is the oficial currency in most of the countries, for example England hasn't got it, they have the pound.
- The citizens can live and work in any other member state.
- The EU is developing its own defence and justice systems.
- Most of the institutions are based in Brussels (Belgium), Strasbourg (France) and Luxembourg.
- The main institutions are:
- The Council of Eurpoean Union.
- The European Parliament
- The European Commision
- The Court of Justice.
LET'S PLAY AND LEARN MORE ABOUT EUROPEAN UNION IN THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE.